Venture-backed title search technology company Titlewise is seeking a product owner to oversee product development and releases. The ideal candidate has knowledge of the title and escrow industry and serves as a leader for the growing product team, motivating and supporting them while reinforcing the product vision. They will embody and reinforce an agile mindset and actively collaborate with all team members while optimizing for efficiency. Typical roles and responsibilities in the day-to-day function of this role may look like…
Owning our product roadmap
- Maintain vision and clarity as it relates to the overall product vision and mission through interfacing with customers, engineering, and executive stakeholders
- Build a deep understanding of all your product functionality and how they interact with the overall solution.
- Involve yourself in all phases of the product development lifecycle for each product integration.
Understanding our customers:
- Research and understand the needs of your target customer base.
- Understand the basics of the title research, examination, transfer and insurance
- Organize calls and other interactions with your customers to identify needs and problems as well as to validate feature requirements and initial designs.
- Be the voice of the customer to the development teams.
Managing your backlog:
- Identify, maintain, improve, and prioritize product backlog items
- Recommend when a feature or set of features is ready to ship, with a bias toward frequent delivery.
- Hold backlog refinement with the team no less than once a week.
- Understand and use core agile concepts for writing good stories and for splitting large stories.
- Facilitate user story mapping exercises with your team when starting new features or quarterly planning.
- Forecast feature release dates and socialize those with key stakeholders.
- Work with customer-facing teams to understand the impact of defects and prioritize to ensure product quality and customer satisfaction.
- Must have 3+ years’ experience as a Business Analyst or a Product Owner, or 3+ years’ experience in the title and escrow industry.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to multitask, meet deadlines, work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to quickly learn, gather, and demonstrate a thorough understanding of customer requirements for new product integrations.
- Proficiency with Agile methodologies and tools
- Experience with web development, APIs, machine learning projects
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.